89 mineral claims totaling 4,659 hectares, is located in the James Bay Region of west-central, Quebec
The James Bay Pegmatite District of Quebec is known to host several large lithium pegmatite deposits including:
- Whabouchi Lithium Deposit of Nemaska Lithium;
- Rose Lithium-Tantalum Deposit of Critical Elements Lithium Corp; and
- James Bay Project of Allkem.
- Bounty Lithium is located within the Eastmain Greenstone Belt in the James Bay Pegmatite District of west – central Quebec
- Bounty Lithium is prospective for hosting hard-rock, pegmatite-hosted lithium mineralization.
- The project now contains 62 pegmatite target areas, many with previously defined indicator-mineralogy and indicator-chemistry for hosting Lithium-Cesium-Tantalum (LCT) style, spodumene-bearing pegmatites
- The Property is host to several known pegmatite outcrops but remains underexplored with little to no lithium -focused work having been conducted prior to Manning-Ventures.
- No lithium-bearing occurrences had been noted despite several known pegmatite outcrops on the property.
- Project selected as a result of a regional targeting method including a review of pegmatite occurrences across Quebec with the appropriate indicator-mineralogy and indicator-chemistry for hosting Lithium-Cesium-Tantalum (LCT) style, spodumene-bearing pegmatites, within favorable host-rocks.
The initial exploration included detailed examination of 30 of the 62 pegmatite target areas.
Samples Include 143 pegmatite and/or intrusive rock samples and 4 rock samples with sulphide mineralization for possible gold or base metals potential.
Which returned 7 very anomalous samples > 201 ppm Li with values up to 425 ppm Li, and 16 Anomalous samples ranging between 81-200 ppm Li.